What People Are Saying About Equinox Center
Equinox Center's Regional Quality of Life Dashboard--the only tool to annually track our region's performance across vital indicators that impact our quality of life--and our other research and policy solutions, are making a real, tangible difference toward ensuring a better tomorrow.
Here's what regional leaders on both sides of the aisle are saying about Equinox Center's work:
- Our region’s future as a technology center of excellence depends on our ability to attract and retain the next generation of innovators and top-tier talent. Today, a diverse economy and amazing climate are not enough. Equinox Center’s Quality of Life Dashboard is a powerful resource to help us think strategically about how our quality of life can be a competitive differentiator to nurture job growth. – Lauree Sahba, Chief Operating Officer, San Diego Regional Economic Development Corp.
just absolutely love the Dashboard and the whole Equinox model of
measuring these various indicators, and then just stating the facts.
Just letting the facts speak for themselves, and letting the facts
create change here for the region. That’s a very, very powerful tool
that few organizations utilize. But the Equinox Center seems to have
nailed it. We think that the work they’re doing is absolutely critical
for the region. - Frank Urtasun, Regional Vice President,External Affairs, SDG&E
- Equinox’s work demonstrates the value of the non-profit sector in advancing some of the gains we’ve made in areas like climate change and land conservation. We hope the [Quality of Life Dashboard] will contribute to community dialogue and action to create and sustain a strong economy and a healthy environment. - Emily Young, Senior Director Environment Analysis and Strategy at The San Diego Foundation
- It’s time for new leadership and fresh ideas to help us plan intelligently for the future in the San Diego region. I believe Equinox Center’s Quality of Life Dashboard helps move us in the right direction by providing balanced, actionable ideas and innovative solutions to promote economic prosperity and environmental quality.
– Nathan Fletcher, California State Assemblyman, City of San Diego Mayoral Candidate in 2012
- Equinox Center was a key player in helping draft my Comprehensive Water Policy for the City of San Diego. The work it has done related to water in our region provided actionable data that improved the Policy. Equinox Center has a reputation for common sense approaches to complex problems and its support and insight was instrumental. - Sherri Lightner, Councilmember, City of San Diego
- The City of Chula Vista has been dedicated to resource conservation and energy efficiency for over 20 years. Equinox Center's Quality of Life Dashboard provides tools that help us be competitive while sharing our experiences with others. Learning about the successes of other municipalities is made easier by using the Dashboard. – Cheryl Cox, Mayor, City of Chula Vista
- At The San Diego Foundation, we believe that good research drives good policy and philanthropic investment. Equinox Center’s Quality of Life Dashboard has played a key role in measuring our region’s progress on environmental and economic issues and helping to identify priority areas for philanthropy. Going forward, we believe there is a great opportunity to work together with Equinox to benchmark the vision emerging from the process the Foundation initiated through Our Greater San Diego Vision to plan for our region’s growth. – Bob Kelly, President and CEO, The San Diego Foundation
- I personally will find the Dashboard useful for making points directly, whether for lectures or congressional visits. - Mark Thiemens, a professor of chemistry and biochemistry at UCSD and climate change scientist
Want to hear more? Here's what community members are saying about Equinox Center's work:
We do too.
Listen to fellow San Diegans share how they feel about San Diego and Equinox Center, and the one word you'll hear again and again is "love"...