Thank you to our Stewards Council members:
Aaron and Lori Contorer
The GreenslateFamily/Fire Protection Products, Inc
Scott Grimes/Orca Fund
Scott Peters and Lynn Gorguze
Join the Equinox Center Stewards Council
The Equinox Stewards Council brings together visionary individuals, foundation and corporate leaders of all ages, profiles and political affiliations who share Equinox Center’s values and a commitment to charting a new course for the San Diego region.
As a Stewards Council member, you will have the opportunity to:
- Hold a seat at the table with the region’s top policy makers and share views on priorities for the region.
- Participate in special events like our Equinox Salons and our annual State of the Region Quality of Life Dashboard Preview.
- Stay up to speed on the latest trends in sustainability and enjoy collaborative learning opportunities through personal access to Equinox researchers and other thought leaders.
- Develop networks and build friendships with one another through our intimate member gatherings.
View a video snapshot of the November 2011 Equinox Salon,
"Connected: The Surprising Power of the Real-Life Social
Network to Drive Positive Change," featuring "top global thinker"
and expert on social networks, Dr. James Fowler.
San Diego and Equinox need you today.
Equinox research shows that:
- Despite the mortgage crisis, housing prices for renters and owners are still much higher in San Diego than in other regions.
- The high cost of housing contributes to challenges such as traffic congestion, which has doubled in the past 20 years, diminishing our attractiveness as a region to live and do business in.
- At the same time, a sprawling pattern of development results in inefficient use of critical resources like water and energy, and loss of natural areas that cannot be reclaimed.
If we continue with a piece-meal approach and short-sighted policies, we will forfeit our competitive advantage to attract new business, find ourselves stuck in longer and more frequent traffic jams, worsen our air and water quality, and struggle to create the well-paying jobs we need to have a thriving economy.
The good news is that we have options. Smarter, more economically and environmentally sound solutions to these problems exist. But they are not always obvious or trusted. It’s Equinox Center’s job to bring them to light and help the region vet them.
Equinox Center is the only independent, non-profit, non-partisan organization prepared to research and advance these solutions, and to measure our region’s performance over time, in an integrated way. We need your support to inspire, inform and catalyze action to chart an intelligent course for the region.
For further information about Equinox Center Stewards Council or other giving opportunities at Equinox Center, please contact us at (760) 230-2960.
The Equinox Stewards Council was launched in September 2011. Our deepest thanks to our inaugural members Marty Brown, Aaron and Lori Contorer, Scott Grimes, Larry Marcus, Scott Peters and Lynn Gorguze.